Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trouble

These are the two people with which I spend most of my time . They are a busy lot! When I hear screams eminating from some unknown vicinity of the house and arrive out of breath to find silliness, and not broken bones or blood, it is a huge relief.

I firmly believe that #4 has been tutoring #5 in the art of stinkerishness. One of #5's latest accomplishments involves climbing out of her crib. She can literally fling her monkey-like foot to the top side of the cribfront and pry herself up and out. I know all toddlers are flexible, but it's still a little freaky. After putting her back in bed at least 56 times, threatening, and giving her numerous meaningful looks this afternoon I became desperate!


The answer = tight pants!

(My sister has used this method for years.)

-Brilliant-

Well, probably not to #5. All her Irish was showing- weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. Her plan had been going so well..Now to be foiled! It was intollerable!

I don't know if it's appropriate for a mother to feel giddy with glee at the complete devastation of her child, but...I didn't start crowing until I was out of earshot.





6 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Tight pants! Who would have thought! That's awesome. I love it.

My Three Sons said...

I really need to start this little habit (of putting the twins in really tight pants for naptime!) You were right when you said it is "brilliant". Thanks for your great ideas....I can always use them!! They are BEAUTIFUL kids!

shauna said...

That is funnie. Great idea. Your baby is so cute.

Abby said...

Fantastic Idea. My parents have a film of me doing the exact same thing when I was about 15 months old. It WAS freaky. I wouldn't have believed it unless I had seen it myself. I was the firstborn, however, so I'm fairly sure that I hadn't been tutored. I bet tight pants could curb the climbing skills that my children are desperately trying to perfect. They have excellent disrobing skills too, however - so the plan could be foiled before it has a chance to be tested.

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

Abby, I feel your pain. Within a day of posting this #5 figured out she could take off her tight pants and EVERYTHING else- including the sheets of her bed. I have since resorted to footie pajamas with the toes sewn together at big toe. She wears them for naps, too.

roundgal said...

Good Luck with the Turkeys. Sounds like they are ganging up on the Mama. Or just providing great memories. So you have any ideas for kids getting in the toilet? ;)