Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Over the last few months I have been helping my mom with a family history book she is putting together on one of her maternal lines. It has been a very rewarding and interesting experience. In fact, I have discovered the cure for Harlequin Romances. (Do they still have those?)
Family History!!!
Aren't these two adorable? I love this photo. These people are my great, great grandparents and they are on my list of people I can't wait to meet some day. I love them. The thrill I get when I see their faces is hard to express- since we have never met...

These are pictures of them when they were young:

He wanted to be a train engineer, but she couldn't bear the thought of him being away.

Here is a bit of a letter her mother wrote.

This is the handwriting of my great, great, great grandmother. So amazing! This lady had a very difficult life. She lived in the South and outlived three husbands. Her daughter (above) had to leave their home state and move far away to Utah for the sin of being kind to the Mormons. They never saw each other again.Before I knew her I thought she looked a little cantankerous, but she was just tired. I imagine she was rather attractive when she was young.

I am so thankful for the laundry awaiting me in the basement- next to the electric washing appliances.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Fascinating!

Stacy said...

How neat. Thanks for sharing.

Cammy Patton said...

It really is a thrill isn't it? I didn't know the part about having to leave due to being kind to mormons. Beautiful post you hopeless romantic.