Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cooking with a Two Year Old

This is not a fantastic new recipe or a brilliantly creative idea...and it's entirely possible it is thoroughly unoriginal, but it was fun.

In my zealous glee to participate in anything Christmas-y I agreed to participate in a cookie exchange. What could be better than reaping the sugary rewards of someone elses hard work? I just didn't factor in time, snow, and a two hour school delay. Yep, I ended up in a bit of a crunch. Big surprise! So this is what happened:
I panicked- and then #5 came to my aid with an idea for super quick and easy snickerdoodles. We miraculously happened to have some store-bought, ready to bake, sugar cookie dough. Whoo! We cut each of the balls in half to make them bite-sized and then rerolled the little guys. This is where #5 took over.

She combined the traditional sugar and cinnamon, but the added colored sugar sprinkles- red in one bowl and green in another. Due to the squish-factor we discovered it was easier for her to bury the balls of dough in the sugar using a spoon rather than roll them with her fingers. They looked something like this when they landed on the pan:

She baked them according to the instructions on the package and voila!

We were done!

(Um, Mom can I eat them now?)

2 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to test it out.

EarlGirl said...

Oh, she looks so cute! What a little doll.