Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

Well, another season stampeded by. I am not sure if I am ready to give up the Christmas Carols, but I am definitely not inviting the crazy hectic-ness in next year. I forget, even with (or because of) well laid plans, how many outside demands/opportunities there are. (My imagination is rather extensive...I don't think there would be enough time if we added an extra thirty days to December.) Next year remind me I said, " No more!"


We still had a wonderful Christmas. This year we had a last minute change of venue which led us over some rivers and mountains to Grandma's house. Best idea we had all season!
Some highlights/lowlights:

Grocery shopping- how hard can it be? There is a reason we enter such places in ones and twos. The experience was so ridiculous and rare I thought I would take a picture. In the corner of the photo you can see another cart- They were eyeballing us severely. I guess people don't take a lot of family pictures in Winco..... My sidekick just explained to them that we were "excited because they didn't have places like this where we come from."

Gingerbread House Family Tradition

We don't bake. We just decorate. It's boys vs. girls...except the guys cheat and eat our decorations when we are not looking. The girls won this year....until their house started caving in.

Family Nativity Tradition

No matter which side of the family we have Christmas Eve with, there is always a Nativity reenactment. It changes the focus from presents under the tree to the gift of the Savior.

In spite of shepherds, who will remain nameless, with footballs and bazookas?, this year was delightful.


Opening Presents Christmas Eve

Someone got fingernail polish from Grandma...Think she liked it?

Her nails are pink as I type.

The Night Before Christmas
Booby-trap for Sneaky Children

-who creep up the stairs in the middle of the night.
They are truly disappointed if there is not some effort made to thwart their spying.

(The grandma pictured here is innocent of all secret combinations.)


Christmas Morning


We were all so tired that the trap went undiscovered until 6:50ish.


The Day After Christmas Family Skating Party

We are improving every year... well, most of us. I am sure by next year we will be REALLY impressive.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, I love reading it all! Glad you had a magical time.....glad you are home!

Cammy Patton said...

Sweet nativity. Love the football and other additions- Way to get the innocent grandma involved on the booby trapping - :)