This morning I thought we had another crisis on our hands. I moved the laundry over, turned on the dryer, and something went a clunk, clunk, clunking. LOUD- like shoes in the dryer. So, I opened the dryer to see if one of the kids had added something to the laundry (i.e. shoes, cars, small expensive electronic devices) Nothing! I restarted the dryer and still the clunking persisted. I reopened and re-examined it. Nothing. I wondered if something was caught between the barrel and the outside. I wondered if my husband knew how to remove the front to look.
At this point I was trying really hard not to over react. Like the one time when I ran out and bought a new tv because our old tv wouldn't turn on.... for three days. In my defense, I would like to explain I was 7 months pregnant with #3 = a little mental, and the tv was old. The fact that J worked on it for some time before he discovered it was just unplugged- about 10 minutes after I left on my hunt for a new tv- is beside the point. If we had had a cell phone back then he could have saved us a lot of money!
Back to the dryer: The noise grew worse and worse. It occurred to me if I let the dryer run the problem might be enlarged. So, I once again opened the dryer and began removing the clothing- piece by piece so they could dry elsewhere. Low and behold....there in the middle of the mess was the culprit!
A baseball sized rock, apparently out of some darling's pocket, just the perfect color to blend in with the contents of the dryer.
I was sooo happy! I saved $55 today. ( The fee for the home warranty house call)
Maybe, I will take myself to dinner or get my hair done!
.jpg)
10 comments:
I'm so glad it was just a rock! I hate it when it's a handful of rocks, and you have to keep starting and stopping the dryer until you're sure you have them all.
You always were the queen of savings! ... well maybe not with the first TV fiasco... but maybe since then - :)
My sons have tried to argue that the dryer should be able to handle the double duty of drying clothes AND be a low budget rock tumbler. They just can't seem to understand why I'm not wild about the idea! :) N
P.S. We all do a little crazier things when we are expecting-just ask earlgirl! hehehe :)
Hooray, no broken dryer! The twins filled the wheels of my tires with rocks so that when I pulled out it sounded like I was pulling a huge chain under my car. Luckily they all flipped out of the wheels at some point along the drive! What is it with boys and rocks anyway? Go get your hair done :)
Oh just be thankful it wasn't crayons! If I had a dime for every time I had to clean up that mess. Or gum! Eeck! Boys!!!!!
Stop by...I am having a little bloggy giveaway!
My husband says that in caveman days, the caveparents would be so puzzled when the little caveboys took rocks and made "vroom vroom" sounds with them while sliding them around on the ground. (You can change it to Adam and Eve being puzzled with Cain and Abel when they were little for the same reason--however you slice it, rocks and boys have always belonged together).
I'm impressed. That reminds me of when Kevin couldn't figure out how to get our tire back on after changing out a flat. Frustrated, he went in to call his dad as I looked at it, bent down, turned the tire the other way, and put it back onto the car. Anyway, take care, and I hope everything is going great for you all.
You have had enough disasters in your house in the recent past (one thanks to my baby). I am glad it was an easy fix. You are brilliant
Been there. Jared left a pen in his NEW work clothes. It got all over 4 shirts and pants. I did get it out though, many q-tips an polish remover.
I guess I need to check pocket before I put things into wash but I feel I wash and fold the clothes, at least they can clean out the pockets
WOW, at least you figured it out! It drives me crazy when that kind of stuff happens and then after you buy new, you figure out what the fixable problem was to begin with..........CRAZY! (smile)
Hope you're doing well otherwise. (smile)
Aimee
Post a Comment