Thursday, June 5, 2008

Retrospect

Have you ever moshed? Do you know a song by the Sparks called "Music that You Can Dance To"? Do you have the endurance to flail about for the entire 6+ minutes of "Rock Lobster" by the B52s?
My children can answer a resounding yep! to all of these questions. Lately, I have been indulging a bit/lot in nostalgic sounds of the 80's.... and, occasionally, have been caught dancing about in wild abandon. Not that I am obsessed with my youth.....the kids love it!...they really do- My current music fetish stems from the fact that my_?_ year class reunion is coming up this month and I am conducting a exhaustive review in preparation.

Last week I introduced #3 to the complexities and freedom of moshing. Pretty soon #5 joined us and we were having a big time...until, Big J walked in and about choked himself trying to stifle his amusement. I thought he should have given me more credit- moshing with a two year old requires some skill, if not grace.
At this point- I should have some colorful photos of us dancing about, but since I am generally the family photographer- use of your imagination might be helpful here. Besides, my dancing skills may be enhanced.

One issue has me slightly concerned about this whole reunion thing: I am positive I never went to school with half of the people listed on the reunion website! I was relatively shy in high school, but I very observant. I have never seen these people before. I realize we all change, but even their senior pictures are alien to my memory. How old do you have to be before they can test for Alzheimer's?

Happily, I remember myself...

and some really, really, really big hair.

(Don't get me started on the eyebrows!)

I don't miss the hair! I miss my thighs.

Perhaps, if I can make it all the way through a "Rock Lobster" dance off

with #3 ...????

6 comments:

Kim said...

Fun post Angie!! I love dancing with the family.

Jodi said...

Great photos! Don't you love seeing those names and wonder WHO in the heck is that? I love dancing too, with anybody that will be my partner. Stuffed animals, tree branches...whatever!

Cammy Patton said...

I would love to see you mosh! - you silly little mother :)! Hey at least you had eyebrows in your senior picture. I was going through the thin pencil them in stage. Pretty grotesque!

My Three Sons said...

You are adorable! I LOVE the Senior portrait, who didn't have big hair? Yes, we need to hang out again soon!!

EarlGirl said...

I always love to see photos of you in past lives. LOVE the eyebrows! I went through a phase when mine were pencil thin, and I crack up to see those pictures now.

V Family said...

I have to say that you have always had fine hair, even though a bit large at times. Remember that there are some with tone thighs, tights cans, dazzling abs and that's pretty much sums them up.
But you, my dear are so much more! You contribute greatly the joy of living.....plus, if you keep the healthy habit of your bum looking self....you'll have the whole package- not that's it's necessary but still really really fun!