Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter

I love Easter. Like Christmas- it helps me refocus on the purpose of this life and the immense gift our elder brother so freely gave us. This year I purchased a book by Janet and Joe Hales, A Christ Centered Easter. Every day from Palm Sunday until Easter Sunday we had a lesson on what Jesus was doing the last week of his earthly life. It changed the spirit of the week entirely. To add to the spirit of Easter weekend we attended the sealing of my husband's baby sister. I have never seen two people so thrilled to be married. It was wonderful!

Here is evidence that one of my dear sisters-in-law and I have many talents....which explains the picture of my sons.


This is one of our completely un-spiritual family traditions- the Easter egg hunt!!

My dad is the Grand Poo-bah of Easter egg hunts. He is the planner and overseer. It gives him great glee to find eggs throughout the summer that we don't discover during this Easter melee. The hunt is a two part activity. The kids ransack the backyard first and then the adults trample each other, small children, and a few flowers in the front yard. My # 3 sister cheats a bit, but...I'm faster.




After Easter baskets, torturous Easter dress photos, church (which was wonderful), and LOADS of chocolate, we had an early birthday party for #5 and # 3...planned by my nephew. Buckaboo, my mom, made variegated Easter egg colored angel food cakes. A pinnacle of the party was the black Spiderman costume that the afore mentioned nephew picked out especially for #3. He (#3)hasn't taken it off since, except to shower. He might even be wearing it under his clothes to school. He's been dressing pretty quick in the morning since we came home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look great! The picture of you and your sister racing is especially hilarious! By the way go to youtube and type in Worst fight scene ever-I promise you will laugh! Love ya N

Cammy Patton said...

I am pretty sure that I am the #4 sister... so can I please be a little faster than you- since you are twelve years my senior? I need this for my self esteem.
I am glad the costume is still going strong!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

You might be the 4th sister, but you are my 3rd sister, since I am not my own sister.....

My Three Sons said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm glad you got to get away and enjoy yourselves! No wonder your boy #3 and Chase get along so famously...they both LOVE to dress up!!!

Jodi said...

Love your blog. Can you tell me how you do the photos in the collage? I love that effect!

Cammy Patton said...

Bummer man... I really wanted you to be counting yourself...

yennu said...

Hey Angie - I hope you are feeling better and that frog is out of your throat. In answer to your question the treasure hunt game is the Caranium Cariboo game. The girls love it, but it is for younger kids 3-7. You hide balls in the game and then find them with different cards. very fun.